Home Insurance for Over 60s

Helping to protect your home so you can make the most of later life
  • Two levels of cover to choose from
  • 0% interest charged for paying monthly
  • UK-based call centre


Get a Quote

You're leaving this website to go to the LV= website

Age Co Home Insurance is provided by LV=; you can get a quote through their website.

Please note: terms & conditions, privacy notice and cookie policy will differ from Age Co's. When you click 'continue' you will leave the Age Co website and be taken to LV='s website.

Request a brochure
Senior Couple Dancing Together

Age Co is 100% owned by Age UK and gives its profits to the charity.  In the financial year 2021-2022 Age Co donated £4m to Age UK.

Happy mature couple-sitting on the couch


Age Co Over 60s Home Insurance is provided by LV=, and offers a range of features and benefits:

  • Get a quote by answering five quick questions
  • No fees to cancel or amend your cover
  • £100 minimum excess available
  • Gold Home Insurance is 5 Star rated by Defaqto and includes cover such as Home Emergency and Accidental Damage as standard
  • Access your documents and renew your policy online

Why choose Age Co Over 60s Home Insurance?

At Age Co, we’re passionate about empowering others. Whether you’re 50, 60, 70, 80 or older, we want you to feel proud to be part of this community and supported by our team. With every product we offer and partnership we form, we hope to help you make the most of later life and provide the very best protection available.

What’s covered

We have two levels of cover to choose from and the table below provides a summary of Buildings and Contents cover across our Silver and Gold Home Insurance policies. The level of cover you select will be shown in your policy documents.

Home Insurance

Defaqto rating

3 Star

5 Star


Buildings Cover - for loss or damage caused by things like fire, flood and theft 



Alternative Accommodation – for when your home is uninhabitable 



Home Emergency Cover – covers emergencies such as failure of your heating system 

Can be added to your policy as an Optional Extra 

Included up to £1,000

Accidental Damage – covers damage caused to the building by an accident

Can be added to your policy as an Optional Extra

Included up to buildings sum insured

Trace and access – covers the cost of finding the source of a water or oil leak

Not included


Loss or theft of keys - covers the cost of lock replacement 


Included up to buildings sum insured


Contents Cover - for loss or damage caused by things like fire, flood and theft

Choice of £60,000 or £80,000

Choice of £60,000 or £80,000

Personal money in the home - covers physical cash stored in the property



Mobile phone theft in the house - covers your mobile phone if stolen 



Alternative Accommodation - for when your home is uninhabitable



Accidental Damage - covers damage caused to your contents by an accident


Up to sum insured

Loss or theft of keys - covers the cost of lock replacement 


Up to sum insured

Optional Extras

Accidental Damage - extended cover for damage caused to the building by an accident


Included as standard

Home Emergency  covers emergencies such as failure of your heating system 


Included as standard

Personal Belongings (includes mobile phone) - for items you take out of the home such as bags



Bicycles - for bikes and accessories taken out of the home



Legal Expenses - helps fund legal aid in relevant claims/defences



This summary is not a complete list, please refer to LV='s Terms and Conditions Document and Your Silver or Gold Home Insurance Cover and Limits Document for full policy cover details. You can also refer to the  Silver Home Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) or  Gold Home Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) for details specific to your quotation.

Your insurance needs

Our Home Insurance offers cover for your Buildings and Contents. Each policy can be bought separately, or together as a buildings and contents policy.


Buildings Insurance  Contents Insurance 

Covers the structure and foundations of your home, along with key fixtures within it such as doors or built-in wardrobes.

Is designed to protect items inside your home such as carpets, furniture and your valuables. Garden contents are also covered on a Gold Home Insurance policy.

Does not cover your possessions.

Does not cover structural issues with your property.

Protects your home from risks such as fire, flood and storm damage, fallen trees or lampposts, or theft and vandalism.

Protects your home’s contents from risks such as fire, flood and theft.

Covers the cost of rebuilding your home should something happen and protects any outbuildings, garages and sheds. 

Covers the costs of loss or damage to your personal items in the event of a flood, fire or theft.

Taken out by homeowners who own the freehold on their property along with Contents Insurance.

Taken out by leaseholder homeowners and those renting their property, without Building Insurance (as the freeholder or landlord may protect the building under a separate policy).

Policy documents

Policy Documents

Your policy documents will summarise key information you need to know about your Home Insurance. They’ll also outline:

  • How to claim
  • How to make a complaint
  • Details of any fees or charges that we may apply and your rights under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)

Use the following links to download the relevant policy documents:

Home Insurance Policy Documents

All new Age Co Home Insurance policies sold from 9 February 2023 are provided by LV=.

If you bought your policy before 31 January 2023 or have recently renewed your policy with us your insurance is provided by Ageas. For further details on this policy please click here.


About our insurance cover
Can anyone take out an Age Co Home Insurance policy?

Age Co Home Insurance can be taken out by anyone. However, we use our expertise and research into the needs of older people and have selected LV= as the provider of our home insurance because we recognise their products and customer service as suitable for our customers.

We can insure you if you have:

  • Not made more than two household claims within the last five years
  • No unspent criminal convictions (excluding motoring convictions)

We can't insure you if the property:

  • Is occupied by tenants
  • Has previously been flooded or is currently under a flood warning
  • Has suffered from, or is showing any signs of, subsidence, landslip or heave
  • Isn't built of brick, stone or concrete and roofed with slate, tiles, metal, asphalt
  • Isn't in a good state of structural repair
  • Is a mobile home
  • Isn't self-contained
  • Is unfurnished
  • Is unoccupied
  • Has eight or more bedrooms
  • Has six or more bathrooms
  • Is a grade I or grade II* listed property, or the equivalent in Scotland and Northern Ireland
My property is listed, will your home insurance cover me?

We can offer you home insurance on your listed property if:

  • You live in England or Wales and your home is Grade II listed
  • You live in Scotland and your home is Grade C listed
  • You live in Northern Ireland and your home is Grade B1 listed

We can't cover:

  • Grade I or Grade II* listed properties, or the equivalent in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Do I have to take out both contents and buildings insurance?

No. If you live in rented accommodation or own a leasehold property your landlord or freeholder should have buildings insurance and you only need contents insurance.

If you own your freehold property it is advised that you have both. Almost all mortgage lenders will require you to take out buildings insurance as part of the conditions of the mortgage contract. Building insurance will cover the rebuild cost of your home should the worst happen.

Does it matter what my house is built out of?

Yes, when you apply for home insurance, we’ll ask you to confirm that the property to be insured is built of brick, stone or concrete and that roof is made of slate, tile, metal or asphalt.

Do you cover matching sets and suites?

Yes, with LV= home Insurance or contents insurance, we'll pay 50% of the cost to replace any undamaged item, if it forms part of a matching set. For example, if your sofa is water damaged and unrepairable, we’ll replace that, as well as give you 50% of the cost towards a matching armchair.

How do I add an optional extra, such as accidental damage, to my cover?

You can add extras options to your cover online or over the telephone when you get a quote or later should your needs change. The LV= team will be happy to discuss the options with you so that you can decide what additional cover you need.

What is a Defaqto star rating?

Defaqto are a UK leading independent financial information business, and they have given our Home Gold insurance a 5 Star Rating.

Paying for your insurance
How can I pay for my home insurance?

You can pay by debit and credit card or by monthly or annual direct debit at no extra charge. If you need to speak about other ways to pay, please contact the team at LV=.

What are 'admin fees'?

'Admin fees' can include adjustment fees, cancellation fees and duplicate document fees.

LV= do not charge any admin fees for home insurance policy amendments, cancellations, or duplicate documents.

What are the benefits of auto-renewing?

Auto-renewal can offer you peace of mind that your insurance will remain in place when it comes to your renewal.

When you give your consent to auto-renew your policy, LV= will issue your renewal documents, which will include details of your cover and any associated costs, and inform you that the policy will auto-renew without any need for you to make contact and confirm.

The consent will remain in force unless you change it, which you can do at any time, or if the policy is cancelled.

Your account and saved quotes
How do I know if I have an account?

You'll automatically have an account if you saved a quote or if you chose to sign up after buying a policy. Visit LV.com/account/login to log in to your account or set up a new one.

How long are my home insurance quotes saved for?

Your saved home insurance quotes are valid until the cover start date. You'll still be able to view them in your account after that point, but you won't be able to buy them. Simply start a new quote if your old one’s no longer valid.

I have forgotten my password for my home insurance quote and cannot retrieve it

When you saved your quote, you should have received an email from LV= with details of your quote and how to access it again. If the email isn't in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folders in case it's in there. If you still can't find it, you can re-set your password in My Account by clicking the ‘I’ve forgotten my password’ link.

How we work with LV=
Why have you chosen LV= to provide Age Co Insurance?

Whether you’re in your 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s or over, we believe LV= is able to deliver great cover for homeowners, thanks to their excellent customer service and UK-based call centres.

Understanding our customers and their needs has always informed the products we sell and who we work with to provide them. By choosing LV=, we will be continuing to work with a partner that shares our values and dedication to customers enjoying their later life.

Who is Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited (LV=)?

LV= is a leading insurance business offering a range of general insurance products. They are proud to be one of the UK’s largest personal lines insurers, with more than 6.5 million customers and 4,000 employees. Throughout their 170 year history, they have put people and customers at the heart of everything they do.

Common questions about home insurance for over 60s

In this section, you can find some of the common queries we’re often asked about home insurance for over 60s.


What affects the price of over 60s home insurance?

As with all insurance products there are a number of factors that can affect the price you pay for your Home Insurance whether you are in your 40s, 50s or 60s. These factors range from the size and age of your property to the crime rate or flood risk in your area. Previous home insurance claims could also impact your premiums.

If you’re thinking of relocating or downsizing for retirement, you might want to consider insurance costs when choosing a property. This could affect the type of home you go for, as well as the area you move to.

And if your circumstances change the insurance you need for your home could change too. It's always worth considering the value of your home contents and listing any high value items such as jewellery or antiques. With Age Co Home Insurance, provided by LV= we include cover for all your valuables up to £2,500 or less, if you have any valuables worth more than £2,500 they must be specified on your policy.


Why choose Age Co Home Insurance for over 60s?

There are many reasons to choose Ago Co Home Insurance, provided by LV=, for your over 60s home insurance. For example, access to a UK-based call centre, a 24-hour domestic emergency helpline, your documents online and the option to pay monthly with 0% interest.


What’s included in over 60s home insurance?

With most home insurance policies, you can choose whether to purchase buildings insurance, contents insurance or both as a combined package.

Plus there are a range of optional extras that you can add to your home insurance policy, for an additional cost, to personalise your cover to your needs. These include home legal expenses, personal belonging outside the home, accidental damage and home emergency cover.

With Age Co Home Insurance, provided by LV=, Accidental Damage and Home Emergency Cover are included as standard on Gold policies.

Get in touch with LV=

Join us online

Get a quote today

You're leaving this website to go to the LV= website

Age Co Home Insurance is provided by LV=; you can get a quote through their website.

Please note: terms & conditions, privacy notice and cookie policy will differ from Age Co's. When you click 'continue' you will leave the Age Co website and be taken to LV='s website.


Call for free

Lines open Monday to Friday: 8am to 8pm, Saturday: 9am to 5pm, Sunday: 10am to 4pm, Bank Holidays: 9am to 5pm. Calls will be recorded.

Get printed information

Other products

Women in car chatting and drinking coffee

Car Insurance

Our Car Insurance is Defaqto 5 star rated, giving you the reassurance you’re covered. And, you can tailor your policy with Optional Extras that suit your needs.

Find out more
Man calling for car repair service

Motor Breakdown

Our Motor Breakdown cover provides both doorstep and roadside assistance to keep you on the move.

Find out more
Senior woman embracing her husband by the ocean

Travel Insurance

Coming soon to Age Co, this insurance product will cover you in times of travel. Register here for more details.

Find out more

Age Co Car and Home Insurance are provided and underwritten by Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited. LV= and Liverpool Victoria are registered trademarks of Liverpool Victoria Financial Services Limited and LV= and LV= Liverpool Victoria are trading styles of the Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group of companies. Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited, registered in England and Wales number: 3232514 is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number: 202965. Registered address: 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1DB.